Monday, May 6, 2013

Market Season Starting

Can you believe it's already May!  It seems hard to believe but with the start of May comes the start of many of the Farmer's Markets all over the nation.  One of my favorite to participate in is Astoria Sunday Market and opening day lands on Mother's Day this year!  What a great thing to do with mom, you can come and walk the market and then pickup a nice lunch.  One of the things I love about Astoria is the vendors, I have known many of them since I was little so they always give me a hard time but it's all in fun and if I need help all I have to do is ask.  Not only are the vendors great but the market manager Cyndi.  This is a true test to the quality of a farmer's market.  Cyndi has always been helpful, willing to help and a joy to work with.  Believe me I have had to deal with plenty of market managers some good and some bad.  Putting a market on is far from easy and burn out can be easy, just like with any event.
Well I better get back to baking...I'm working on something extra special for opening day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment